The SFA Awards Committee has set the following criteria for writing a nomination for the SFA Award of Excellence:
1. The Nominator and the Nominee must be current, active members of SFA.
2. The nomination must include Nominee’s name, title, and institution, and years of service in the archives profession.
3. The nomination must include Nominator’s name, title, institution, and professional relationship to the Nominee.
4. No self-nominations are permitted.
5. Current members of the SFA Awards Committee may not nominate persons for this award.
6. The nomination must be a minimum of 300 words.
7. The nomination must include specific examples of at least three criteria from the list of significant contributions below, and include a discussion of the impact each of these examples has had on the profession, either in the Nominee’s institution, community, the state of Florida, or nationally.
Nominations and Submission Deadline The call for nominations is distributed annually in February-March depending on timing of the Annual Meeting.
The Nominations for the 2023 Award are due by April 21, 2023 and should be emailed to John Nemmers at firstname.lastname@example.org.